Neha is always ready to experiment any kind of choco based cookies. I have made choco chip cookies, marble cookies, ganache cookies too. This was a trial after seeing some recipes on pinterest. Uses very little butter and has a nice flavour of delicious nutella. You can add nuts or chips of your choice and make it more nuttier and crunchier. The coffee powder enhances the taste of nutella and is perfect for monsoon munching. I am sure kids are going to love it. Please do try and share your feedback.
- All purpose flour 125 gm
- Salt a small pinch
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Nutella 3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Coffee powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda a small pinch
- Baking powder a small pinch
- White chocochips 2 tbsp
- Milk 2-3 tbsp
- Cream the butter, nutella and sugar well till it is creamy. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sieve the flour, salt, coffee powder, baking soda and baking powder 2-3 times.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter-nutella mixture and combine to form a dough. Add milk spoon by spoon as needed. Add the chocochips and combine.
- If the dough is too soft, refrigerate it for few minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it ready.
- Pinch a small portion of the dough and flatten it in your palm. Place it slowly on the tray. Make any shape or indentation on it.
- You can refrigerate the tray with the shaped cookies for few minutes to avoid the cookies from spreading too much.
- Preheat the oven at 160-170 degree celsius for atleast 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or till the sides appear a bit golden.
- The cookies will be very soft when you remove it from the oven. It will eventually harden as it cools.
- Remove from oven and let it rest in the tray for 3-4 minutes. Gently transfer onto a wire rack and allow it to cool well.
- Store in airtight containers. Enjoy these with a cup of warm/cold milk.